Doug Jeffery Environmental Consultants (Pty) Ltd (DJEC) was established in 1999 by Director Doug Jeffery. Our offices are situated in Klapmuts (Western Cape) and are conveniently located off the N1 between Cape Town and Paarl as well as an Area Office in Worcester.
DJEC specializes in facilitating environmental Basic Assessment, Scoping/ Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and Public Participation Processes. These are undertaken in terms of:
- Government Notices 983, 984 and 985 (Listing Notices 1, 2 & 3) of the EIA Regulations, December 2014, under the National Environmental Management Act (Act No. 107 of 1998) ("NEMA"), as amended;
- Government Notice No. 921 (Category A; B & C) of the Waste Management Activities, November 2013, under the National Environmental Management: Waste Act (Act No. 59 of 2008) ("NEM: WA"); and / or
- Government Notice No. 893 of the Activities which result in Atmospheric Emissions, November 2013, under the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act (Act No. 39 of 2004), as amended ("NEM: AQA").
We specialize in the following:
- Compilation of Environmental Management Plans & Programmes (EMPs) including Construction and Operational aspects;
- Co-ordination of Environmental Baseline Studies and Constraints Analyses;
- Co-ordination of Environmental Aspects of Projects;
- Environmental Aspects of Structure Planning;
- Facilitation of Environmental Management of Construction Sites which includes Environmental Control, Monitoring and Auditing;
- Basic Assessments, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Waste Management License Applications, Air Quality License Applications, Amendment Applications and Site Selection;
- Public Participation Process;
- Damage Assessment (S24G Applications); and
- Ad hoc Setback Line Applications
- Environmental awareness training
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Dust Fall Monitoring
- Water Use License Applications
We have a team of full-time consultants who are involved in EIA work and have many years of experience in the field. In addition to the expertise offered, the firm has built up a network of experienced specialists whom we can call upon to assist in projects as required. These range from botanical, faunal or freshwater specialists to visual, socio-economic and many more.