Doug Jeffery Environmental Consultants offers Environmental Control Officer (ECO) services whereby conditions and recommendations included in Environmental Authorisations and Environmental Management Programmes (EMPr) are overseen and monitored.
The ECO also takes into account Best Practise Principles as well as Norms and Standards to ensure impact minimisation during construction. The ECO provides a mechanism of monitoring the Environmental Authorisations and Environmental Management Programmes by means of an Environmental Monitoring Report.
Photographic monitoring of the sites during construction provides an effective progress indicator. These reports are used by the various authorities and the Environmental Liaison Committee (ELC, if established) to follow the progress of construction activities.
At present we are monitoring various development sites as the ECO on a number of different projects that range from housing developments, roads, waste water treatment works, a hospital and activities on farms. Our present and past projects include:
- Residential Developments: Sitari Country Estate, Acorn Creek, Chapmans Bay Estate, Watergate A, Birchwood Road, De Zicht, Tweespruit & Wycombe Avenue;
- Single Residential Dwellings: Erf 26, Castle Rock;
- Waste Water Treatment Facilities: Wellington WWTW;
- Roadworks/ Cabling: Darling Road;
- Retirement Villages: Evergreen Noordhoek;
- Educational: Curro, Rivergate;
- Commercial: Goodhope Tyres Parklands;
- Electrical: Richmond Substation & Clovelly Cables;
- Medical: Mediclinic Stellenbosch;
- Agricultural: Nieuwe Sion